Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday

I love God because He first loved me.  He loved me when he gave me a dad full of love and integrity.  He loved me when he gave me a mom full of joy and hope.  He loved me when He wrote my story before time.  He loved me when He created my plan of redemption before I ever sinned.  He loved me when He chose the cross for my rebellion, hell for my wickedness, and resurrection for my weakness.  He loved me when I was little by never leaving my side.  He loved me when I was young by giving me faith even though I didn’t have understanding.  He loved me as an adult even though I didn’t know how to love Him.  He loved me when He opened my ears that I might finally hear His true voice.  He loved me when He called me to reign with Him. 

I love God because He first loved me. 

He loved me when he gave me Emily.  She is the perfect picture of His love in my life.  She stood for us when there was nothing to stand on but faith.  She believed in me when there was nothing to believe in but hope.  She loved me when there was nothing lovable.  I love my wife.  For many years I could not see clearly, I could not love like my heart wanted to.  But today, because of HIS GREAT LOVE, I am able to see more clearly and I am able to love my wife like I’ve always wanted to.  THANK YOU JESUS, THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME UNTO YOUR GRACE, THANK YOU FOR SAVING THIS FAMILY UNTO YOUR GRACE, THANK YOU FOR MY WIFE - MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE. 

Emily, you will never know the depth of my gratefulness to God and to you for your great love over me.  I AM SO BLESSED!  You are so beautiful, so beautiful - I love thinking about you.  I have peace I never thought possible, joy unspeakable, desire only you can quench; you satisfy my heart, when I am with you there is rest.  You don’t have to do anything but be in the same space and I sense the presence of God’s love.  I love you, Emily, for the rest of eternity, I love you.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY LOVE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Steve H.

1 comment:

  1. "He who finds a [true] wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."
    Proverbs 18:22(AMP)

    How true! How true!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

    Blessings,
    Cathy and Mike

    ReplyDelete